Guess who? It's Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks.
2. At age 40, this person travelled to Thailand and noticed the 'tuk-tuk' taxi drivers drinking a beverage to stay awake. After enjoying the taste, they purchased rights of the small company and turned it into a business now worth $20 billion dollars
Guess who? It's Dietrich Mateschitz, Co-founder of Redbull.
3. At age 25, this person was stuck on a delayed train travelling from Manchester to London, and came up with the idea of a 7-part novel series which they spent the next 5 years writing. The book series is now worth $15 billion dollars.
Guess who? It's J.K. Rowling, Author of Harry Potter. Net worth: $1 billion dollars.
4. At age 23, this person went on a 7-month pilgrimage to India, and later described it as "one of the two or three most important things I've ever done in my life."
Guess who? It's Steve Jobs (1955-2011), Co-founder of Apple. Net worth: $10.2 billion dollars.
5. In 2008, Jobs recommended this person also do an Indian pilgrimage, which they later admitted "was an important part of our company in the early years."
Guess who? It's Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder of Facebook. Net worth: $52.2 billion dollars.
6. At age 30, this person travelled 3 thousand miles across America while writing a business plan onto spare napkins. They built the company to now be worth $355 billion dollars.
Guess who? It's Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon. Net worth: $71 billion dollars.
7. At age 17, this person ran away from home and took a voyage to London. Inspired from the trip, they started up a printing company. Their travels to France became crucial to America winning the civil war and declaring independence.
Guess who? It's Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of America. Net worth: $10 billion dollars (after inflation)
8. At age 37, this person wrote a book on their one-year adventure through Italy, India and Indonesia. The book has sold 9 million copies and became a movie worth $204 million dollars in box office sales.
Guess who? It's Elizabeth Gilbert, Author of Eat, Pray, Love. Net worth: $25 million dollars.
9. At age 16, this person travelled to the US from Pakistan. Washing dishes in the day and sleeping on the floor of YMCA at night, they built a company now worth $30 billion dollars.
Guess who? It's Shahid Khan, Owner of Flex-N-Gate. Net worth: $6.9 billion dollars.
These people are no smarter or talented than you. At the time, some had little or no money at all. They still travelled and observed the world around them. They decided to have a big dream and accepted their ability to turn it into reality. They have made a fortune. But it's nothing in comparison to the gold mine in every cemetery. All the ideas and dreams that could have forever changed the world. Each a gift to humanity. Buried in fear and doubt.
Your biggest challenge is not accomplishing great things. Your biggest challenge is admitting how much power you truly have to do them.
Credit: GLOBAL DEGREE